THIS YEAR'S COMPETITION HAD NOW CLOSED.
We are looking for the best photographic imagery that captures the essence of a cycle-rail journey and promotes it as a form of transport. Images can be factual, documentary, humorous or rely on the aesthetic beauty of the imagery or the narrative they portray.
PLEASE NOTE: This category is open to individuals and organisations within the UK. By submitting the photographic image, you are automatically agreeing to hand over the imagery and footage and its copyright to RDG and its partners for their future use and publication. Further terms and conditions can be found below.
The Prize - Garmin VIRB Elite Camera
The best photograph, as chosen by the judging panel, that captures a cycle-rail journey will win a Garmin VIRB Elite camera. Winners will also be invited to the Cycle-Rail Awards ceremony.
Terms and conditions
- On completing and submitting this competition, your photograph will be considered for the prize stated.
- You give us free of charge the non-exclusive, sub-licensable right to edit, delete, copy, translate, create derivative works from, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, make available to the public or otherwise use and re-use material contributed by you (or not use it) on the website and in any accompanying literature.
- The judges’ decision on the winning photograph is final.
- The competition is not open to employees of RDG or their family members or to participating companies.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The winners will be notified by email on 7 October. If a winner does not respond to the instructions contained in this email by 19 October, his or her prize may be allocated to another entrant.
- The prize described is available at the date of these terms being published and subject to availability. Events may occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond RDG’s control, which may at its absolute discretion vary, amend or discontinue the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall be attached to RDG thereof.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or for any technical failure or for any event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- Unless otherwise stated, entry to this competition is restricted to entrants of 18 years of age or over.
- If the winner of the competition is unable to take up a prize for any reason, RDG reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
- RDG’s decision is final and it is a condition of entry to any competition that the entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and that the decision of RDG and judges on any matter whatsoever arising out of or connected with the competition are final.
- Competitions open to UK residents only, unless otherwise stated.
- This competition closes on Friday 9th September 2016 at 17:00.
- The winners may be required for promotional activity.
- No purchase necessary.
- The promoter of this competition is Rail Delivery Group, 200 Aldersgate Street, London EC1A 4HD