Planning & Production Board
Improving safety and value for money today, whilst planning for and securing the railway’s future.
The role of the Planning & Production Board is:
- to take a whole system view to ensure that priority issues associated with industry alignment and third party investment are being acted on by relevant groups;
- to champion relevant change and modernisation;
- to ensure that the architecture in place is effective and adding value in the development of strategic plans on staff numbers, roles and skills, including work to build a national plan for addressing a range of productivity and diversity issues within the industry’s train driver management activities;
- to facilitate and if necessary, require cooperation between industry parties to plan and deliver a sufficient, sustainable, safe, reliable, efficient railway for members, customers, funders and stakeholders now and in the future
Key areas of work include:
- People: Driver Academy programme and People Strategy.
- Security: Strategic plan for policing Britain’s railways.
- Strategic planning: Whole Industry Strategic Plan, Decarbonisation, Station Strategy
- Technology: Digital Railway
Planning & Production Board groups
- Digital Railway Industry Council
- Engineering Council - Twenty Point Plan
- Operations Council
- Rail HR Directors Forum
- Planning Oversight Group (POG)
- Policing & Security Group
- Station Strategy Group (SSG)
- Train Driver Academy Board
The other Strategic Boards
This section is reserved for members of the above Groups only. Click on the button, then enter your username and password to access the Members Area.