Door to Door Journeys, including Station Travel Plans
This award recognises efforts by Local Authorities, Train Operating Companies, community groups and other organisations who deliver sustainable door-to-door cycle-rail journeys (in line with the Department for Transport’s strategy) through travel plans or other methods.
The judges will specifically be looking for entries where cycling has been promoted as an access and egress mode to stations. For example, through improvements in infrastructure, introduction of cycle hire or improved cycle routes to stations. The best entries will demonstrate that cycle-rail has been encouraged as a preferred option of travel, towards an all round goal of sustainable door-to-door journeys.
Entries should cover:
- Details of measure taken (physical, psychological or promotional)
- Reason for implementation
- Output of measure (what was created)
- Outcome of measure (what was the result)
- An evidence of mode shift and how that was measured
- Added value (where there any additional benefits or outcomes)
This category is open for nominations between Monday 24th July to Friday 29th September 2017 at 15:00.
All entries will be treated in the strictest confidence. The judges’ decision is final and no discussion or correspondence relating to any of their decisions will be entered into.