The rail industry is launching a new interactive map which will make it easy for passengers to find out about accessibility at stations, helping to boost their confidence to travel by train.
Thousands more train passengers will be able to wave goodbye to their orange tickets this month as train companies make smart tickets more widely available with the roll out of new technology across the network.
From April, Britain’s train operators and Network Rail will publish new measures of train punctuality as part of an ongoing plan to improve performance and reduce delays.
- Since going on sale, in January, the 26-30 Railcard has saved customers over £10.5m on rail journeys
- There will be over 200k 26-30 Railcards in circulation by the end of the week
- Since 1993, Railcard holders have made around 2.2bn journeys, saving themselves an estimated £8.5bn on their rail journeys
- New independent rail body would boost accountability
- Rail industry confirms new summer 2019 timetable
- Rail industry publishes radical proposals for once-in-a-generation reform of fares system
- 26-30 Railcard customers save over £3.4m in first month