A plan to change, invest and secure prosperity for Britain
Rail is fundamental to the country’s prosperity. After enormous growth, Britain’s railway is increasingly important in connecting workers to jobs, businesses to markets, and people to their families and friends.
The combination of public and private investment going into the railway is set to boost the UK’s economy by almost £85bn. But these economic benefits, shared by every region and our people, are not secure without a plan for lasting change across the industry.
'In Partnership for Britain’s Prosperity’ has been produced as the industry's single, long-term plan to secure a stronger economy, better customer journeys and more rewarding jobs on the railway. Our four Commitments for Change aim to set Britain’s railway on a course to deliver more for customers, communities, the economy and our people.
- In partnership for Britain's prosperity (October 2017)
- Landmark coming together sees rail companies launch plan for a changing railway (30 October 2017)
We have also produced two local plans, going into more detail of the investment and developments going on in those regions.
- The West of England local plan (March 2018)
- Rail companies together launch long-term plan to boost the West’s economy by £9.45bn (19 March 2018)
South East London & Kent local plan (June 2018)
- Rail companies launch joint plan to boost jobs, services and investment in South East London and Kent’s railway (19 June 2018)