Skip to main content

Rail Staff Travel

Facilities for Employees of the rail industry

Rail Staff Travel

Rail Staff Travel (RST) provides rail staff travel facilities for eligible Active and Retired Employees of the rail industry and eligible family members. RST is part of the Rail Delivery Group.

Information on using staff travel facilities is published in the guides on the Where Can I Go and Restrictions page. It is usually quicker to refer to these guides than e-mail RST for information.

Contact Centre

To report lost or stolen cards, or add family members, please use the forms on our Forms page.

Our contact details are at the bottom of this page.

Information for new TOC employees

New TOC employee may find the Introduction to Rail Staff Travel for new employees of Train Operating Companies useful. It is published on the Where Can I Go and Restrictions page.

RST Online

With a registered account you can buy staff discounted tickets through RST Online at

To receive registration details, send us your name and home address by e-mail with "RST Online Registration" as the subject. Requests can only be sent by the employee (as primary cardholder) or widow(er)s.

Unfortunately RST Online is not yet available to those holding PTAC cards, NIR cards or CIE cards.

In this section

Our Key Pages

Our pages can be reached by using the navigation links on the right. However, the following are key pages:

  • Forms - for new family applications and declarations, additional and international travel applications as well as your notifications to us of changes
  • Useful Information - for current earnings and mileage limits
  • Eligibility of Family Members - for guidance on eligibility of family members
  • Where can I go - for Rail Staff Travel guides with details on using your travel facilities and restrictions on their use 
  • Photo Upload - for you to upload passport style photos of yourself and eligible family members
  • Conditions of Issue and Use - for guidance on the use of your staff travel facilities
  • FAQs - many Frequently Asked Questions about Rail Staff Travel


For problems using travel facilities on TOC services, contact the TOC using the details on their website. If your complaint remains unresolved, please contact the Rail Ombudsman.

For problems in the following areas, please contact Rail Staff Travel:

  • Using your Rail Staff Travel facilities on non-TOC services, such as Leisure Railways
  • The service provided to you by Rail Staff Travel
  • Using FIP Rail Staff Travel facilities in Europe

RST Contact Details

Unless you are contacting us about a bereavement, we can only speak to or respond to queries from the active or retired member of staff, or a widow(er), or someone holding Power of Attorney for them.

Call us on:

020 7841 8274 (From outside the UK +44 20 7841 8274)
Phone lines are open from 9.30am to 12.30pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (excl Bank Holidays). Our phone lines are for those without internet access. For other queries, the information is on our website, or you can e-mail us as below.

Email us at:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Please include your full name and postal address so that we can find your Rail Staff Travel record and respond appropriately.

Write to us at: Rail Staff Travel, PO Box 80612, London EC4P 4NH

If you are sending us cards or passes by post, we strongly suggest Signed-For Delivery

Unfortunately, changes to our building security means that we cannot offer a "face-to-face" service for personal callers.