Rail Staff Travel
Updated - 19 June 2019
Rail Staff Travel (RST) provides rail staff travel facilities for eligible Active and Retired Employees of the rail industry and eligible family members. RST is part of the Rail Delivery Group.
Current Service Messages
The RST contact centre is operating a normal service.
17 June 2019
Latest and Recent News
All of our latest and recent News items can be found on our News page. The current items relate to:
- Rail Staff Travel on Grand Central
- TOC Priv Card renewal for 2019/2020
- Blue Status Pass maps
- Publication of the Summer 2019 restrictions
- NSB rebranded as Vy
- Status Pass SmartCard update
- Reservations and supplements on TrenItalia services
- Staff Travel Card renewal for 2019/2020
- Over-ordering of FIP coupons
- Priv Oyster on Heathrow Express from 19 February 2019
- Additional FIP benefits from 1 January 2019 on Jungfraubahn in Switzerland and Koleje Wielkopolskie (Greater Poland Railways)
- FIP coupons and the International Reduced Rate Card after Brexit
19 June 2019
Our Key Pages
All of our pages can be reached by using the navigation links on the right. However, you may be interested in the following key pages:
- Forms - for new family applications and declarations, additional and international travel applications as well as your notifications to us of changes
- Useful Information - for current earnings and mileage limits as well as fees that RST use
- Eligibility of Family Members - for guidance on eligibility of family members
- Where can I go - for details about where you can use your travel facilities and restrictions
- Photo Upload - for you to upload passport style photos of yourself and eligible family members
- Conditions of Issue and Use - for guidance on the use of your staff travel facilities
- FAQs - many of your Frequently Asked Questions about Rail Staff Travel
If you have a problem using travel facilities on TOC services, you should raise the issue with the TOC concerned. Details of how to contact each TOC can be found on their websites.
If your complaint remains unresolved, then you should raise your complaint with the Rail Ombudsman. Details are on their website www.railombudsman.org or you can call them on 0330 094 0362 between 08-00-22:00 Monday to Friday (excl. Bank Holidays) and 08:00-13:00 on Saturdays and Bank Holidays (except Christmas Day).
If you have problems in the following areas, please contact Rail Staff Travel
- Using your Rail Staff Travel facilities on non-TOC services, such as Leisure Railways
- The service provided to you by Rail Staff Travel
- Using FIP Rail Staff Travel facilities in Europe
RST Contact Details
|From the UK, call us free on:||0800 652 1700
Phone lines are open from 9am to 4.30pm each weekday (excl Bank Holidays)
|Write to us at:||Rail Staff Travel, PO Box 72071, London EC1P 1JD|
|From outside the UK, call us on:||+44 20 7841 8000 and ask for Rail Staff Travel|
|Unfortunately, we cannot offer a "face-to-face" service for personal callers.
However, in the case of genuine emergency (e.g. travelling to a close family member's funeral), we will do our best to help. Owing to building security requirements, you will need to phone in advance rather than just arriving at our offices without notice.
This section is reserved for employers only. Click on the button, then enter your username and password to access RST information for employers.