Rail Staff Travel
Updated - 14 December 2018
Rail Staff Travel (RST) provides rail staff travel facilities for eligible Active and Retired Employees of the rail industry and eligible family members. RST is part of the Rail Delivery Group.
Current Service Messages
RST is currently operating a normal service.
Christmas and New Year Holiday
The RST contact centre will be operating a normal service up to and including Friday 21 December 2018. We will then be closed for the Christmas and New Year period and re-open on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
From Monday 24 December 2018 to Tuesday 1 January 2019, there will be no contact centre phone service. Enquiries and requests submitted after Friday 21 December 2018 on-line, by e-mail or by post will not be dealt with until Wednesday 2 January 2019.
Latest and Recent News
All of our latest and recent News items can be found on our News page. The current items relate to:
- Over-ordering of FIP coupons
- Status Pass and FIP Card renewals
- Rail Ombudsman
- Priv Oyster on Heathrow Express expected from 25 November 2018
- Addition of Boundless to the Current Offers and Concessions page
- Additional FIP benefits from 1 January 2019 on Jungfraubahn in Switzerland and Koleje Wielkopolskie (Greater Poland Railways)
- FIP coupons and the International Reduced Rate Card after Brexit
- Acceptance period for International Coupon applications
- Heathrow Connect
- Changes to the arrangements with International Rail for FIP bookings
- Status Pass SmartCard update
12 December 2018
Our Key Pages
All of our pages can be reached by using the navigation links on the right. However, you may be interested in the following key pages:
- Forms - for new family applications and declarations, additional and international travel applications as well as your notifications to us of changes
- Useful Information - for current earnings and mileage limits as well as fees that RST use
- Eligibility of Family Members - for guidance on eligibility of family members
- Where can I go - for details about where you can use your travel facilities and restrictions
- Photo Upload - for you to upload passport style photos of yourself and eligible family members
- Conditions of Issue and Use - for guidance on the use of your staff travel facilities
- FAQs - many of your Frequently Asked Questions about Rail Staff Travel
If you cannot find what you want, our Customer Service Team are available to provide you with additional information and advice about all aspects of your staff travel.
If you have a problem using Travel facilities on TOC services, you should firstly raise the issue with the TOC concerned. Details of how to contact each TOC can be found on their websites.
If your complaint remains unresolved, then you should then raise your complaint with the Rail Ombudsman. Details are on their website www.railombudsman.org (opens in a new window; please note we are not responsible for the content of external websites) or you can call them on 0330 094 0362 between 08-00-22:00 Monday to Friday (excl. Bank Holidays) and 08:00-13:00 on Saturdays and Bank Holidays (except Christmas Day).
If you have problems in the following areas, please contact Rail Staff Travel
- Using your Rail Staff Travel facilities on non-TOC services, such as Leisure Railways
- The service provided to you by Rail Staff Travel
- Using FIP Rail Staff Travel facilities in Europe
RST Contact Details
|From the UK, call us free on:||0800 652 1700
Phone lines are open from 9am to 4.30pm each weekday (excl Bank Holidays)
|Write to us at:||Rail Staff Travel, PO Box 72071, London EC1P 1JD|
|From outside the UK, call us on:||+44 20 7841 8000 and ask for Rail Staff Travel|
|Unfortunately, we cannot offer a "face-to-face" service for personal callers.
However, in the case of genuine emergency (e.g. travelling to a close family member's funeral), we will do our best to help. Owing to building security requirements, you will need to phone in advance rather than just arriving at our offices without notice.
This section is reserved for employers only. Click on the button, then enter your username and password to access RST information for employers.