This section can be used to supply photos needed for Status Passes and other passes that contain photos, including the Rail Staff Leisure Card. This is not used for ID Cards. You only need to provide one photo per person and this can cover multiple products.
Your photo must be a standard passport size, taken with a digital camera or a smartphone, a JPEG at least 413 pixels wide by 531 pixels high, no larger than 250Kb and:
- In colour
- Only contain the image of one person
- Taken against a flat, plain, contrasting background (cream or grey)
- Taken within the last month
- Clear and in focus
- Close up of your head and shoulders.
- Facing forward and looking straight into the camera
- With a neutral expression
- Without any shadows in the picture
- With eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- With your eyes not covered by sunglasses, tinted glasses, glasses frames or hair
- Natural colour
Photos do's and don’ts
The Photo will be rejected if:
- There is any item in the background or the background is not plain
- Your face is in full or partial shadow
- The image is too dark or too light
- The photo is a selfie
- The photo has filters applied i.e. a snapchat photo
- The photo does not comply with any other passport standard
A photo or scan of a paper passport photo is NOT acceptable.
Unacceptable Photo Examples
Once you have pressed "Next" and move to the next page, you will be able to check your photo before you actually submit it. You may need to zoom in or out, or crop the image, and you'll need to ensure that the photo sits within the frame provided. This is to ensure that when it is automatically delivered to RSTL, it wil be in the right format and can be used.